A Face Mask You Can Breathe In! Plus, Avoid 'Maskne'
Masks are now a part of our daily lives. Since we can't smile at strangers, we're all getting better at our 'smize' game. But many of us are experiencing unintended pore-clogging and acne as a result of wearing masks so frequently. Not ideal.
What is maskne?
As the name suggests, maskne is a type of breakout that results from wearing a face mask. Prior to the pandemic, this form of facial irritation was primarily experienced by athletes, “commonly due to the sweat, heat, and friction in their helmets and straps,” Dr. Saedi explains. “We are seeing it more now with people wearing masks for an extended period of time.” Dr Suozzi adds that you also get acne in your armpits from using crutches.
While breathing for hours with the mask on, it creates humidity to [form] a breeding ground for acne.
Overall, Dr. Saedi explains that maskne—and often, acne mechanica in general—is triggered by pores being blocked by sweat, oil, and makeup. For masks in particular, "while breathing for hours with the mask on, it creates humidity to [form] a breeding ground for acne," she explains. The friction of the mask can also block and clog pores, leading to the formation of comedones or blackheads, says Dr. Suozzi.
Huha Mineral Face Masks
You already know about the benefits of zinc oxide fabric, smartcel ™ sensitive, from our Mineral Undies - and now, Mineral Bras! This zinc oxide embedded fiber keeps odor and bacteria in the fibers at bay through its natural antibacterial and skin soothing properties.
🌳 Made from super soft, biodegradable cellulose fabrics
🌙 Zinc-infused* liner helps you avoid 'maskne'
🌈 Easily adjustable and contours at the sides
🌿 Soothes the skin and protects against bacteria
⭐️ 2 layer has a super-soft outside and zinc-lined interior
Mask Wearing: Dos & Don'ts
- Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth
- Wash your hands before putting a mask on
- Put the mask on using the straps instead of touching the cloth
- Remove the mask by the straps
- Wash your hands after you take it off
- Store it in a clean, dry container
- Wash your mask daily in hot water
- Hold onto the cover when you apply your mask
- Adjust or touch the mask once it’s on properly
- Slide it down under your chin
- Wear it if it’s soiled, wet, ripped, or damaged in any way
- Share your face mask with someone else
What our customers are saying about our face masks...
Keep safe and 'maskne' free out there. Shop our Mineral Masks here.