Join us, as Huha celebrate Plastic Free July
It's Plastic Free July!
Here at Huha, sustainability has always been at the core of everything we do. Our mission is to create healthy, vulva-loving undies that are good for you and the planet.
From the yarn we use, to how our undies are made, to the packaging we use to ship your new mineral undies in - we try our best throughout every step of our operations to be thoughtful of the impact it can have on our planet.
We aren't perfect, but we are always evaluating and researching to see how we can do better.
Learn more about our sustainable undies here.
Since it's Plastic Free July, we thought there would be no better time to announce a few things launching this month as we try to offer our Huha community more sustainable ways of shopping!
We have partnered with QUIL Packaging so that you'll be given the option to have your order fulfilled in nearly zero-waste packaging!
Launching July 12th to our Canadian customers, there will be an option at checkout to choose re-usable and returnable QUIL bags instead of our regular packaging.
- QUIL are on a mission to completely eliminate eCommerce packaging waste through reuse!
- Packaging is the largest source of eCommerce emissions (~45% of emissions)
- The solution: QUIL's reusable mailer bags are designed to be re-used up to 20x, eliminating waste and >80% of CO2 emissions
How QUIL works
- Customers upgrade to QUIL packaging at checkout
- Brands ship out orders in QUIL mailer bags
- Customers receive, unpack, and drop off their empty mailer bag in any Canada Post mailbox (free of charge); in return, customers receive a discount to use on their next purchase at any QUIL partner brand
- QUIL receive returned bags, clean and prep, and send them back to brands for reuse
Why we love QUIL
- QUIL is a Canadian, female-founded startup!
- They have partnered with Canada post and work with Canadian small businesses across the country (today, all our partner brands are female-founded!) This means that if you return your QUIL bag, you will receive a discount code to use at each one of these women-founded Canadian brands!
- CO2 emissions from manufacturing a QUIL bag: ~300g of CO2 per bag
- CO2 emissions for each return: ~38g of CO2 to ship back an empty QUIL bag via lettermail
Choose QUIL Packaging at checkout and let's do our bit to look after the planet we are so lucky to live on!
2. Undie Wash Refills
The new packaging for the Undie Wash is made with PET Plastic. This is the cleanest and greenest type of plastic.
This is the only plastic packaging we have and unfortunately were unable to avoid. Thats why we wanted to ensure we choose the best option that we could. The bottles are recyclable but now we have a new, more sustainable option for anyone in the Vancouver area.
What's a better option than recycling? Re-using.
Huha will be offering refills for anyone in and around the Vancouver area. You will be able to bring your Undie Wash bottle (or any packaging you like) into our fulfillment centre, to get refilled. This is a new option we are offering to try and reduce any plastic wastage.
Our aim is that in the future, we will be able to grow this outside of our Vancouver community, and offer it worldwide.
Keep an eye out on our Instagram and emails for more information on how this will work, coming to you soon!
Interested in purchasing Undie Wash? Shop here.
If you want to learn more about Huha Mineral Undies and sustainability, visit the 'About' page on our website here.